14 May 2013

Coats! (part 3 - a classic trench)

I was a pattern tester for Tasia of Sewaholic Patterns for her newest pattern, the Robson coat.

It is a classic-styled trench coat with a gazillion buttons (okay, like 20ish).

I used a heavy cotton twill in forest green for the outer coat pieces, and I found some matching green buttons.
trench coat trench coat
I used an Amy Butler fabric as an accent under the collar and under the flaps, as well as inside the pockets.
trench coat trench coat trench coat
I am a big fan of two-piece sleeves - they curve with your arm and fit so much nicer than one-piece sleeves.
trench coat
Some detail shots:
Sewaholic Robson Trench
Here is a close-up of the bias binding used to finish the seams (I used around 15 yds). You can also see the lining peeking out of the flap.
Sewaholic Robson Trench
pocket lining (above) and collar lining (below).
Sewaholic Robson Trench Sewaholic Robson Trench Sewaholic Robson Trench
Overall, I consider the Robson Trench coat pattern to be a great staple for any wardrobe.  There is a good chance that I will make another.  Thanks Tasia, for the opportunity to test this pattern!
SHARE:

2 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig