13 May 2013

Coats! (part 2 - the Minoru Saga continues...)

This winter, I completed my second Minoru (but just in time for Spring to arrive).

This one is made with a burnt-orange hued wool with a herringbone weave.  The fabric itself feels amazing.
trench coat
I made this version a bit longer (about 6 inches), extended the front pieces to get rid of the zipper placket, and then added a covered placket.  I also added welt pockets on the outside.trench coat
For the record, I am not a pear shape, but I like pretending.  I usually consider myself to be either a rectangle or an inverted triangle (my hip and bust measurements are almost exactly the same).  But by choosing clothes which exaggerate my hips I can minimize my bust a little more, which is why I tend to like Sewaholic patterns.
  trench coat
The hood is lined with a plaid silk - very luxurious.  The coat is also lined in the same silk, except for the sleeves which are lined in a more slippery solid burgundy-colored silk (not shown). trench coat trench coat trench coat
Here you can see the zipper placket a little better, as well as the lining, and my "hidden" inside pocket.
I also left off the elastic cuffs and the elastic waistband, instead putting two pleats in the back to give a bit of shape.  I will be very excited to test out this coat fully come winter.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogger Template Created by pipdig